Saturday, September 10, 2011

More crêpes? Oui, merci!

Friday after my academic advising meeting with the director of CUPA (my study abroad program), I met up with S., another CUPA student for some food and adventuring. She shares my love of food and David Lebovitz, so with her uncanny sense of direction we made our way to a place near the CUPA office in the Montparnasse area (14e arrondissement).

Eyes on the prize, we found the Crêperie Josselin on the rue de Montparnasse, without letting the myriad of other crêperies in the area throw us off course. Now, if you want to talk about "authentically breton," this place takes the cake. It's decorated with all sorts of memorabilia from Brittany: paintings of ships and women in traditional breton dress, nautical knicknacks, and lots of lace! The place was bustling with the Parisian lunch crowd.

S. ordered mushroom crêpe, while I was intrigued by the eggplant purée crêpe. In keeping with the authentic breton-ness, S. and I ordered a pitcher of cidre to share. These came folded a little differently from the crêpes I had had the night before at West Country Girl.


If you asked me which place was better, I really couldn't say: the atmospheres at each were so different! Perhaps the crêpes at Josselin were more butter-soaked - I was certainly quite full after the one crêpe, even though I usually need a large volume of any sort of food to keep me full - but it's a matter of personal opinion as to whether that's a good thing or a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment