Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to make a happy hippie in Paris

How do you make a hippie happy in Paris? Just send him/her to Naturalia, Paris's own chain of health food stores! Each store has the feel of a small independent health food store (like Rising Tide, the co-op my mom shopped at when I was a little kid on Long Island - also the site of my infamous "chocolate versus strawberry soy ice cream bar" indecision tantrum), but there are enough of them scattered throughout the city, so you really don't have to go out of your way to find one. For example, there's one right near my apartment, and one right near the CUPA program office!


I visited the latter the other day and picked up some grapefruit eucalyptus bubble bath (since I only have a bathtub here - no shower!), a jar of organic coconut oil (which I use as body lotion - nature's moisturizer, sans chemicals!), and a container of calcium-fortified oat milk (recommended to me by a friend in the States; I found it deliciously nutty and comforting). I was pleasantly surprised at the store to see everything in one would expect from a natural foods store in the States, plus a selection freshly-baked breads - including whole wheat, 5 grain, and even quinoa bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment