Sunday, September 4, 2011

Guess I should hang onto this after all...

...and by "this" I meant a photocopy of a map of the 8ème arrondissement that the staff at the CUPA office kindly made for me to help me find my way to look at a potential place to live where I will be living this fall!

How did this all come about, you ask? Well, since I was the first CUPA student to arrive and visit the CUPA office, the staff was kind enough to tip me off to a potential housing opportunity: a room available for rent in the apartment of a professor and his wife.

When I walked into the apartment for the first time and saw the antique harp sitting in the corner, I had a feeling that this was just too serendipitous not to happen...

The area is centrally-located, beautiful and safe; there's a nearby organic market; and I have my own bathroom - what's not to love? The closest métro stop is Villiers (ligne 3), in case you were wondering. The professor told me there's even a bus from that leaves from a spot close by and goes directly to the Sorbonne!

My French horoscope got one thing right - les planètes did indeed me gâtent cette semaine (the planets spoiled me this week)! Planets, fate, divine intervention, serendipity, chance - call it what you will, but I think my friend was right when he observed that I do seem to "always land on my feet" when I travel abroad.

So for those of you who have been worrying about the fact that I flew to France without a place to live, ne vous inquiétez pas - I move in Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment