Monday, July 5, 2010

Ambohimahamasina, Part 2 ADDENDUM: The Beer of Madagascar - le THB!


That night at Romain and Gaia's we also tried an iconic Malagasy beverage: THB (“Three Horses Beer”). I believe it is actually owned by the Coca-Cola Company, which is why the name is in English, but it’s produced and only found here in Madagascar. You see advertisements for it everywhere! I don’t actually like beer at all, but I was willing to give it a try. I was surprised by how light it was – it didn’t have a major, heavy, beer-y flavor to it. I’ve had it several times since when out with friends in Fianar (although my mother is probably cringing as she reads this!); the bottles are big, and are best shared with one or two other people – I highly recommend it while watching a World Cup soccer match!

No comments:

Post a Comment